Tuesday, December 12

On the move again . . .

52 weeks ago, our family moved to Hayward from a wonderful ministry in San Jose. We parted with tears in our eyes, a song in our heart, hope in our Savior, and rain in the skies. With help from two churches (one, our former; the other, our new church), we made the move successfully.

And now, we are doing it again. The church ministry is NOT changing, only the residence of this pastor. God has blessed us so richly; and in His provision, we have been allowed the privilege of home ownership. Eight years ago, when we came to California, I had mentally assented to the fact that I would never own my own home. I am convinced that each time I ran that through my brain, the Lord was shaking His head and saying "O ye of little faith."

I admit it: I am a man of little faith; but I am also a man with a GREAT GOD! This week, as preparations are made for our move (only 3 miles this time), the skies are once again overflowing with rain. But the song in our hearts is still there, too! What a Christmas present: our own home.

Sunday, we sang Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne, a hymn concerning the nature of the Savior's Incarnation. Somehow my joy is tempered by these words:

The foxes found rest
And the birds their nest
In the shade of the forest tree;
But Thy couch was the sod,
O Thou Son of God,
In the deserts of Galilee.

Lord, let me not forget that Christmas was a time when YOU were moving, too. What a Christmas present!

2 comments:

Kevin Jones said...

Congratulations. Buying a house in Northern Cal is tough...

Mrs.A said...

Congratulations on your new home. May it be a blessing to you and your family and a source of glory to the Lord.