Wednesday, April 8

Luke 9:37 - 62

True greatness is so misunderstood and so rarely recognized.  Jesus has just allowed three of His followers to behold the majesty of His glory and greatness; yet, they still stumble over the trivial amtters of life.  The followers are not able to grasp His power and authority over the supernatural.  When Jesus speaks of His coming death and the great work it will accomplish, His followers ignore it, preferring to discuss which among them is the greatest.  When they see ignorance in others, they are ready to severly punish.  Over and over again, they fail to understand the true cost of following such a great Teacher.

But do I do any better?  How often do the simple things in life distract me and cause me feet to stumble?  How many times have I had to consider and reconsider and then reconsider again a matter that really should not take much thought.  How often do I enter into debates about which person, program or possibility is greatest; forgetting the One who has all power.  Dear Lord, let me recognize You more frequently!

No comments: