Thursday, July 1

Psalm 26 - 31

The psalmist invites God's close examination, to prove his integrity.  What a request!  While one may acknowledge that God is all-knowing, it seems to increase the level of intensity by saying "God, since You know all about me, go ahead and poke around my life to prove what is true about me."  Perhaps it is this confidence in his trust in God that allows the psalmist to declare "With God as my Light and Salvation, what do I really need to fear?" as it is God's light that directs his path.  There is a confidence in God's ability to hear and answer prayer, a dependence on God's provision and healing capacity, a joy in God's attitude-lifting character that never disappoints those who place their confidence in Him.  He does what He does to build His own reputation, never to show how great, deserving or precious the object of His affection is.  He alone is great and worthy to be praised, loved, worshiped and adored.

No comments: