Saturday, August 26

Vacation Recap

Back home! Two of the most comforting words ever uttered; no matter how wonderful the vacation is (and it was wonderful) it is GREAT to be home again.

Tuesday was "Boys' Golf Day" for some; and "Zoo Day" for others. Dad, two brothers, my son and I enjoyed the camaraderie of 18 holes at Summersett golf course in Traveler's Rest, SC. Although I brought my clubs from home, my game stayed on the West Coast (i.e. not every swing produced the results I desired).

Wednesday, we traveled north to Asheville, NC, and toured the Biltmore Estate. What an incredible house! The level of craftsmanship and opulence was indeed spectacular. It was an amazing reminder to me of the fact that all man can spend a lifetime amassing and achieving, God created in a span of 6 days with mere words! Prayer meeting with our friends on the hill (Summit View Baptist) was encouraging and uplifting as we approached the Throne of Grace together on behalf of one another.

Thursday was a much anticipated "Free Day" with nothing of significant travel planned. After all the running and sight-seeing, it was welcome. My family traveled over to BJU and shopped at the Christian Educator's Resource Market (bumping into some friends while there) and then visiting more friends on campus at the Dining Common. Thursday evening was spent with the extended family playing games, grilling dinner with my brother (chicken and grill-fried veggies), and visiting - oh and watching my sons play with toy trains my brother and sister-in-law found at a yard sale. Great memories were made!

Friday, all the fun began to wrap up as we packed our suitcases and began to prepare for our journey home. All too soon, we were back at the Charlotte airport, then in Dallas, and (finally) back in San Francisco. It made for a long day; but we made it home with 30 minutes to spare before the calendar turned to Saturday.

What I will remember most from this vacation are moments and conversations spent with my dearest friends: my family. We don't seem to get together that often; but when we do, we have a blast!

No comments: