Thursday, February 5

Matthew 23:1 - 22

Jesus lays out His case against the religious leaders of the day.  He describes them as men of outward action that does not align with their stated beliefs.  He encourages His followers to do what these religious believers say, but not to follow their practical example.  The desire these leaders have for prominence and authority shows the extent of their deceit.  Jesus then gives several examples of how these leaders actually work against their stated purposes.  In all this, the result is greater condemnation and not any commendation at all.  These religious leaders are labelled hypocrites, blind guides, and foolish for their destructive efforts.  As a church leader, am I following their footsteps in my life?  Are there areas where I teach one thing, yet do the opposite?  Lord keep my steps aligned with Yours, so that those who follow my example are ultimately following Yours.

No comments: